Sunday, February 27, 2011

Packaging ski weekend

You may wonder why, as the title suggests, that I would go on a packaging ski trip when I am a zoology major. well... why not? My friend Sara, who I met on my trip to Utah with the snowboard club invited me and some other non-packaging majors to their ski trip weekend at Shanty Creek!
There was about 25 of us that stayed in a very nice condo near the resort. We didn't know anybody except Sara before the trip but everyone was super friendly and outgoing as we came into the condo. I had packed some granola bars and trail mix for the weekend expecting to be very hungry all weekend. But there were boxes and boxes of crackers, cookies, pop tarts, and various treats for the weekend.  I guess being a packaging major does have its benefits. So the whole weekend I didn't have a single vegetable, or normal meal, just cheez its, cookies and zesty salsa crackers.
We went night skiing that night after some of us had a few pre-snowboarding drinks. I think this is a bad idea, especially for me and my clumsy self so I did not partake, but it was very entertaining to watch everyone attempt to get down the hill. The conditions weren't bad a little icy and definitely not enough light for night ski but still very fun! we skied until around 9 o clock then I went to take a very brief dip in the hot tub/pool before it closed. Later that night, the party began! We got our packaging ski weekend tee shirts, which are awesome by the way and everyone wore them and drank and danced around the living room. Also for some reason 5 or 6 of us took up residence in the closet and spend 2 HOURS in there playing hand clap games like crocadila and concentration. It was seriously the most fun part of the night. The next night was similar though add a bonfire and a jacuzzi made into a hot tub into the equation.
Riding the shuttles around the resort was one of our favorite activities of the weekend. we had really awesome drivers and some karaoke on the rides. overall a very successful weekend.
Thursday was the first day I was at the infirmary all alone. Max was at a conference and all the other volunteers had gone home. It wasn't by any means a busy day but it still felt cool to be in charge of anything. I was in charge of feeding the owls and doing the pm meds for the crow, screech owl, and blue jay. I had to get the dosages together for them then administer them. I felt really official and awesome.

1 comment:

  1. Way cool about your first solo day! Im glad you and gogo worked things out btw!

    ReplyDelete