Sunday, January 5, 2014

Colorado Livin

Hello everyone. I realize it has been an extremely long time since ive posted anything about my life. I went through a bit of a lull in adventures after leaving Alaska. I stayed at home and walked dogs for some cash and tried to figure out what to do with my life. Thats a bit of a stretch I was mostly having tons of fun with old friends and doing outdoor activities. Real life can wait.
I took a seriously awesome trip to West Virginia to white water raft the upper gualey! I literally have not laughed so hard and had so much fun like that in a while. We spent our time drinking beers, rafting, cliff jumping, campfires and laughing. such a great adventure. This weekend also included a mid day skinny dip in a nearby river. Greatest weekend.
My weeks were usually filled with tennis and trivia nights with Garek and making the occasional journey to MSU to visit Katie and have wild nights. A couple weekends were spent at Carolyns awesome house in the middle of nowhere. We kayaked and hiked and went to brewerys. Always a great time there.
Anyway my monotony was interrupted by an offer to be a photographer for Breckenridge resort in Colorado. Of course I took it! Working with vail resorts gives me excellent discounts, free ski pass to many resorts, and the ability to GET PAID to snowboard. so yes. the answer was obvious.
Finding housing in breck was a tall order. I was very stressed and it took much longer to find any housing than I thought it would. After much stress and searching I got an email from Kelly asking if i wanted to share a room with her in Blue river. So here I am in a 3 bedroom house. I share a room and a bed and 4 housemates. the other three roommates are guys 2 from australia and one from marthas vineyard. Everyone. Is. Awesome. We get along so well and are all super fun.
Me and Carolyn took an epic road trip to Colorado. We went through ten states in total and did something cool in everyone. Michigan: stopped and felt the lake michigan water. Indiana: (actually nothing cool here, moving on) Iowa: hiking in starved rock state park. Nebraska: Went to the omaha zoo Missouri: not awesome but we stayed up til four am in the hotel jumping on the bed and playing Kesha. Kanas: dorothys house! and a big well! Oaklahoma: black messa state park. New mexico: An extrememly terrifying drive down an abandonded dirt road in the pitch black running out of gas on a road that we later realized possibly ends. Colorado: EVERYTHING.


Since Ive been here ive been partying, boarding, cross country skiing, went to garden of the gods and have had a ridiculous amount of fun. Boarding has been awesome and my job is going well too. I love the people I work with and its fun to take photos of everybody.
Rachel, Stef, Ansley, Garek, Andrew, Liz and Carolyn all came to visit for new years and basically we just had a ridiculous amount of fun while they were here. We went to vail and breck to board and spent every night having sooo much fun.
Moving out here has been the best decision. Everyone here is so nice and I have met people from all over the world. you learn so much about life moving out of your comfort zone into somewhere new. Its changed my perspective on life. You don't have to have a cookie cutter life: high school, college, grad school, career. You can explore and play and move around and meet new people and learn new cultures. There are so many different ways to live your life and I want to experience them all! I'm excited for my upcoming adventures and I will be writing more often now that I am doing cool things!

No comments:

Post a Comment